Project Run & Play: Crafting a Story- Chrysanthemum

Do you guys know the story Chrysanthemum? Ever since one of the kids brought this book home, I knew I wanted to make a dress like the one on the cover. Simple, cute, and classic! I love the story of Chrysanthemum because I know what it's like to have a different name.

 

My plan was to make it years ago, the last time Project Run & Play did a story book theme 2 or 3 years ago. Now that Harper is more into 'preteen' clothing, Garnet was the lucky recipient. Lucky for me, babies don't have an opinion on clothing style.











I had bought this Art Gallery fabric for Harper's Easter dress and luckily had just enough leftover. I wish we could wear Art Gallery everyday, I love their prints and florals so much. The pattern is Nora by Mouse House Creations. I've had it forever and have never made it. I love the bow detail and that is the next version I plan on sewing up. Going off the neckline, I eyeballed the bib front, the rest of the dress is sewn per instructions. Based on chest measurements, I made Gigi an 18-24 months tunic. The way she moves, I knew a dress would be a bit restrictive. Overall, it came together quickly. The keyhole gave me a bit of trouble but I think it's because I am out of practice sewing wovens.




Trying to photograph a toddler as wild as this one, is very difficult. And trying to tame her mane is another story. She seems pleased nonetheless.








I know I'm not the only one that picks up children's books and imagines how to recreate outfits- hahaha!! Have you ever eyed a book and wanted the character's clothes?


Comments

Post a Comment