Very Peri Pantone Party

Each year Pantone releases a "Color of the Year" but this year they got even more creative and invented their own color: Very Peri. 



Pantone describes Very Peri as, "encompassing the qualities of the blues, yet at the same time possessing a violet-red undertone, PANTONE 17-3938 Very Peri displays a spritely, joyous attitude and dynamic presence that encourages courageous creativity and imaginative expression."

Project Run and Play is celebrating this fun new color with a virtual Pantone Party. All month long, sewists from all over will be sharing their makes in this fun hue. 

I was lucky enough to join in and have a fabric sponsor generously send me fabric. 

Little Cocalico  is a family-owned business located in the US with American milled fabrics. They have a focus on sustainability and a passion for quality. I have never tried custom printing before, so I was a little nervous but highly impressed! 



I am so glad a friend recommended this company. The quality is amazing and I love the company's values with the emphasis on sustainability and American milled fabric. Plus, they have a HUGE selection of prints including many in Very Peri. After I received my first order, I promptly went and bought more!


Despite the massive snow piles that are lingering around us, I am eyes forward to Spring! When browsing the site, this gingham caught my eye first and I knew I wanted to build my outfit around it. If we are honest, I totally meant to order it in a smaller scale but I am glad I messed up! In a large scale, it is so bold and unexpected and I think it works. The great thing about custom printing is choosing your fabric base. The skirt is printed on a cotton linen and is so soft! I am looking forward to trying their poplin next. 


The green gingham paired so well with Spring Blooms in Peri which I ordered in a Cotton Spandex. For the patterns, I went with a short sleeve version of the Story Pattern for the tee, the short version of Soleil Skirt, and the cropped version of the Chromium Hoodie


The amazing French Terry I used for the Chromium hoodie is called Hand Woven Texture in grey violet. The subtle print is really pretty and acts as a great solid. Embroidered necklines are popular right now so I free handed a few flowers in colors that match the tee. Trying to keep this kid's hair tame for a picture of said embroidery was more difficult than the actual stitching- ha! 



I can't wait for our weather to warm up so she can wear this out! But since our weather is still dicey, I made her some Jingle Joggers to wear with her top and hoodie. She said this outfit is SO comfy! 





Turn on some Tay Swift and this kid is a trooper in front of the camera. The only hard part is getting her to stand still. 










I really love how we can dress the tops up with a pretty skirt or down with comfy joggers! I know all these pieces will get a lot of wear!






Be sure to follow Project Run and Play along all month long for more Very Peri makes and if purple is your jam, linkup your make with us! 









Comments