Peg dolls

I came across a photo of peg dolls a couple of months ago and was recently reminded of them. I decided to work up the courage to paint some of my own. Lil Blue Boo has a pretty good tutorial with her box o' princesses.
I ordered my unfinished peg dolls from Casey's Wood and choose the bigger sized ones (3 1/2 inches). The kids and I made a run to Michael's and stocked up on $.69 acrylic paint.

I started by googling an image of the princess or super hero I wanted to make. Then I used a pencil to draw on the wood dolls. Then I started to paint. You have to wait for one color to finish before you do another but otherwise, these are quick and super fun. I'm addicted. After the paint dried, I added a coat of mod podge. I read where other people bought a spray sealant but I had mod podge on hand so that's what I used. The kids have had so much fun playing with these and they have taken them everywhere.
So far, I have done Ariel & Eric, Rapunzel, Spider-Man, Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Superwoman, Tiana, and Captain America.










Comments