Recently Sewn

It has only been in the last few months that I have started using knits. Knits are a little scary. There are different weights and directions of stretch- it can all be a little confusing. Here are a few projects from the past few months:


First up, my second or third Bimaa, but the first one I did with a cowl neck. I love this one. Harper wore it once and acted like she liked it and has not worn it again. 




This is another Pinterest idea to use up some scraps. I think it made a nice addition to the mantel. 







I love, love, love these Christmas PJs. For these, I splurged and bought Riley Blake knit. It is expensive but so worth it. It is so soft, an awesome weight, and it barely shrank. Someone shared their reindeer template in a sewing group, so I used that and it was a nice addition to the stripes. 

Growing up, I was always allowed to open PJs on Christmas Eve so we have started doing it now too. After church, we open PJs and watch a Christmas movie. My husband is still not entirely convinced the kids should get to open a present on Christmas Eve but he said if I make him a pair next year, he may reconsider ;)




And lastly, The Greenpoint Cardigan finished today. This was a quick sew, the longest part was taking off the walking foot, switching it to the bottom hole foot and making button holes. Super quick and easy! Harper seems to be a fan and wore it most of the afternoon- hooray!

Anyway, maybe I should try to do a better job keeping up with the things I make? Sometimes, there is just not enough time. I worry sometimes I will get to sewing and forget to get the kids from school. That hasn't happened yet, thank goodness!!

Comments

  1. I love the idea of opening Christmas PJs on Christmas! As kids, my grandmother always had one small gift that we were allowed to open on Christmas Eve--usually something like a coloring book or a game we could play together. We loved it, and it extended Christmas that much longer. :) I like the idea of PJs since, as you mentioned, the kids could wear them and you could all lounge together watching a movie together. Together time is so important! As for Mark, I'm picturing you sewing grown-up footie pajamas... or maybe the kind with the butt-flap? That should teach him to complain. ;) Hehe. Love all your beautiful sewing projects. I'm going to have to take some pictures of a few things I made recently and share them with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he would love matching family pajamas- haha!

    Please share! I have been wondering lately if you had been sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment