Lego Friends Birthday!

My baby girl turned 7 last week. I can't believe it, and I could tell you for ages how wonderful and smart she is, but instead, I'll tell you about her party!

This girl LOVES Legos- especially the Lego Friends line. She will sit and build for hours. So, it made sense when she asked for a Lego Friends birthday party. Luckily, many people before me have done Legos themed parties, so finding ideas was easy.

I started off by ordering these molds. I had too much fun with these. We made crayons by following Martha Stewart's directions. The kids helped by peeling off the wrappers- by far the most time consuming part. I really love how they turned out.

I used the crayons as favors. I printed off a Lego guy outline and added it in these great boxes from Delia Creates. Harper helped cut and glue these together. She wanted to be involved in all aspects of the party. 

The necklaces are from this great Etsy shop. The owner was awesome and shipped 15 necklaces last minute. The kids have had a blast with them. Because they can connect, they have been nicknamed "friendship necklaces." 


I printed the Lego guy outline on yellow card stock and hid him around the party space, like Delia Creates. The kids had fun playing "I Spy" and finding his hiding spaces. 

Another game suggestion we used was Lego races, similar to egg races. We placed a Lego on a spoon and raced. The kids also enjoyed this game. 
















These bean bags are nothing to brag about, maybe even a bit embarrassing- ha! Our third game was bean bag toss. These were quick and easy, and a good reminder to practice cutting circles.




Food was simple. We grilled and had a few snacks. I also used the molds to make chocolates.
This picture was taken after the kids had a go at the bowl- see half eaten brick. They really loved these and I had fun making them.
The best part of this party was the kids that came. We are so lucky to live in a neighborhood with lots of kids that get along. All of the kids played together, needing minimal entertainment. I set out a bucket of Legos for building. Some kids built, some played bean bag toss, other ran around after each other. Then it was piñata time. 
Everyone stopped what they were doing. The "party puppy" piñata has nothing to do with the theme, but I wasn't making one and the party store had nothing close. The birthday girl picked, so she was happy. 


The grocery store also did not have a cake to go with our theme, but that was easily twisted. Mia, a Lego Friend, loves horses, so we picked a horse cake. Sometimes, you have to make do ;) (I'm joking- she loved the cake and could care less if it all matched). We did have Lego candles, though. Those were great! 



Overall, not an epic party by any means, but my girl had fun and that's what matters. Happy 7th Birthday to my favorite girl :). 

Comments