Project Run and Play- Sew your Stash

You guys- I have been holding onto this fabric for over a year, wondering what to do with it!


I had found it on a BST page on FB. The seller said it was from Thailand. It was pretty, so I figured if I scooped it up, eventually I would find the perfect project for it. It is sort of heavy (like a canvas or broadcloth) and an odd width, so it sat and sat until I saw this week PR&P theme: Sew your Stash. 

I already had the shorts pattern from Call Ajaire's Paneled Sunsuit cut out and it dawned on me that the pattern would fit perfectly on this odd cut of fabric. The paneled sunsuit is great- lots of options, well drafted, clear instructions. I've used it to make the baby a few pairs of shorts for summer. 

I also had some mustard linen left from making a Tui Pinafore. I don't have pictures of that because I made a size 2 for the baby and it doesn't fit yet. It is another wonderful pattern with clean finishes. I thought a more plain top would pair well with the busy shorts and opted for the Ash Jumpsuit halter. This is another jumpsuit that includes options for separates which makes me very happy. 




I did mess up and sew the neckline facing onto the wrong side- it was a true Tim Gunn Make It Work moment. 

This kid is such a goober. I am thankful she's around to make me laugh during the day. 



I really love how this outfit came together, albeit at the last minute. I can see this getting a lot of wear this summer! 

Comments

  1. The shorts and top go together really well. Your little one is such a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great way to use that stash fabric!!! Thanks for sewing along!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment