Hello Sunshine- Project Run & Play S24, Week 2

 

I have to admit, this week was super stressful and also very exciting. Thank you all for supporting me on my week 1 look. I tried to learn from the results and use that information to make my week 2 look even better. The theme this week is Cut it up!  


The cardigan was the 3rd thing I made for this season. It was originally supposed to go over the jumper for my layers look but they really clashed together. So I set it aside and made my patchwork look around it. 
The cardigan started as the LLK Asheville. The bishop sleeves are from the Thistle Dress from Jennuine Designs . The sleeves make it look so comfy! My great-grandmother always used to sing "You are my Sunshine" with me so this look is a sentimental. I think she would appreciate the tribute. 



I really tried to mix traditional and modern quilting/patchwork for these looks. I added pinwheel blocks to Garnet's skirt and Harper's cardigan to incorporate the traditional quilt blocks. 






Harper's cardigan started as a Pine Lake pullover from Peek-a-boo Patterns. This pattern does not require a lot of stretch from the fabrics used so I hoped I could get away with adding the quilt blocks on the sleeves. It ended up working really well; there is plenty of room for movement. The skirt pattern is also PAB, called Molly. It took some math to piece the blocks into the skirt but I love the end result. 

For the tee shirt, I used scrap pieces of fabric to get a chevron look in the front. I carried the look onto the back with stripes. 




Harper's dress was the final piece. I grabbed a bunch of scrap fabric and started layering to make the mountain sunrise picture. I really wanted the two looks to coordinate without being too matchy. Her dress is more scrappy and the cardigan, more refined. 


The dress pattern is View G of the Crossroads Dress from Call Ajaire, which is free when you sign up for the newsletter. 


I really want a cardigan that matches Harper's. I wasn't sure how the quilting elements would translate into clothing but it's such a fun and unexpected element. If you enjoyed my looks, please visit the Project Run and Play blog and vote! 


Comments

Post a Comment