Watercolor Beach- Project Run and Play

What a crazy few months it has been, amiright!? One of the few things that has made quarantine more enjoyable for me is partaking in testing patterns for the newest Project Run and Play collection. This collection just released a couple weeks ago and is really pretty great! The collection (found here) includes 10 patterns from a fantastic group of designers.

We first started testing the Chromium Hoodie months ago. I am so excited Call Ajaire is back in the designing world. Her patterns are top notch and they now include the elusive sizes 9 & 11.
Ajaire always adds tons of options.

In this first picture, Garnet is wearing the vented hem version, probably my favorite.


Harper is wearing the regular length, hooded version. I love that even with all the options, it still looks great as a regular hoodie. 


These last couple are the cropped version. The crop is very tasteful and makes the perfect layering piece (shown over the Coral Wrap Dress).



Another addition to this collection is the Ultramarine Coverup. I have to admit, I've never been a coverup person but after making 3 of these, I am sold! The Ultramarine has enough flair to make it pretty but not so much that it's complicated. It is drafted for both woven and knits. I was able to use a scrap of my coveted Nani Iro double gauze for the shoulders and french terry for the bodice. 



My girls love their Coral wrap dresses designed by Audrey of Project Run and Play. I love the options on the dress and have been meaning to make the separates. I also love designs that both my preschooler and tween can wear. 






What would be a beach collection without swimsuits? I also had the chance to test the Viridian swimsuit and the Cobalt trunks. I've never made swim trunks before but I love the result. The pattern includes two lengths and an option to add a liner. 

The Viridian suit has a ton of options- 1 or 2 piece, color blocking, ruffles, skirts. For G, I had to use those little ruffles, so cute! Harper wanted a color blocked one piece and a 2 piece with shorts. The shorts are not part of the pattern but a hacked pair of flash leggings from the same designer, Jennuine Designs. 





I feel super lucky that I was able to take part in many of the patterns available in this collection. My kids have a well rounded summer wardrobe now and have gotten a lot of use out of all of these pieces. 

Thanks for reading! 



Comments

Post a Comment