Project Smooth Sorbet

Project Run and Play has recently released its newest collection:Project Smooth Sorbet. I really love seeing designers collaborate with each other and the results of this collab are pretty amazing. I tested 7 of the patterns and ended up with over 15 total pieces made. 






The Fragola Pattern from Suco by Susana is probably this girl's favorite make of the whole collection. The pattern includes options for top, dress, or maxi dress and includes sizes 12 months- 14 years. I love how quickly it came together and how clean it looks inside. My girl loves polka dots and pink so she reaches for this dress every time it is clean.  





If you can't tell already, the weather in the Northeast was not great while we were testing these patterns. Very windy, rainy, and cold but these kids put on a brave face for a few minutes. The Parfait Polo by Project Run and Play has a ton of options- different sleeves, sleeve lengths, 3 different dress styles- and comes in sizes 1-16. If you have never done a placket before, do not worry! These instructions are very straightforward and the results are awesome! I loved being able to use the same pattern for L & G. They look so cute in their Parfait Polos.



Jennuine Design contributed 3 patterns to this collection: Bacio Tee, Limone Lounge Set, and the Baie Blazer. The three of these alone make an awesome wardrobe with tons of options. The Bacio Tee is an oversized, unisex tee. I love the ease of throwing it on for quick summer dressing. 




The Limone set includes 2 skirt lengths, 2 short lengths, a cropped pant, and regular pant length. I made shorts and skirts in seersucker and one in cotton and I love how they came out. These are so quick and the pockets are great for treasures. There are two waistband options- regular and paper bag waist. I made a couple of both. I can't decide which view I like best, which is great because I can make them all! 










I almost avoided the Blazer fearing it would take too much time so I was surprised when it came together really quickly. This pattern has an option for a peplum, a vented back, or a solid back. It is designed for heavyweight/stable knits. The purple one is a jersey with french terry accents and the jersey was really too lightweight. The floral is a ponte de roma and was a great weight for this project. 




The Sorbetto Swimsuit from Designs by Call Ajaire has a super cute color blocked side and an awesome flutter sleeve option. I love the V-neck in the front and back and the directions make it fool proof. This pattern goes from NB-16 and includes 9 & 11! I love this style so much and think it works well for all ages. 




This kid was very much over taking pictures for me so I did not get many of the Becca Bootcuts. This was my first time making actual jeans. I was so nervous and have avoided it for so long. The directions walk you through everything. I was amazed when I finished! This pattern includes pants and shorts and an extensive size range of NB-16. If you have wanted to make jeans but are scared to try, I would recommend starting with this pattern. 

Once I recover from this sewing marathon, I can't wait to make the purse patterns included in the collection. This was such a fun collection to test and a great wardrobe builder. Be sure to share your makes if you end up grabbing something from the shop! 
 


Comments